2008-09-25

[Book Review] Apache JMeter

As always, I'm reviewing a book from the rising publisher "Packt Publishing".

First thing I thought when holding the book is : "Wow, it's slim" :)

I previously worked with JMeter in 2003 and I appreciated the power of that excellent tool. I also used OpenSTA which is different.

I didn't work enough time with it to be able to compare them.
Yet, just on a feeling level, I was more convinced by JMeter.

Thus, it's with excitement that I read the first pages.

The first chapters were all about the basics : very useful for beginners or people who don't know what JMeter looks like.

It's really a must-read if you're new to JMeter. Else, it's a good refresh about the way you design and configure your test plans, etc.

It provides the useful information to know and I especially appreciated the last chapter (advanced configuration) in which you learn about FTP among other functionalities.

Recommended for everyone who need to rapidly understand and use this tremendous tool.

 

http://www.packtpub.com/beginning-apache-jmeter/book/hp/jmeter-abr/

You may find a sample chapter here : http://www.packtpub.com/article/functional-testing-with-jmeter

 

Mots clés Technorati : ,,

No comments: